Thursday, April 6, 2017

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.”
-Abraham Lincoln

What this quote means to me is to basically always stand by what is the right thing to do, and what is correct.You will not always get things the way you want them to. For example, you will not always get a perfect score on a test. There will be times when you get some wrong, and that is okay as long as you learn from your mistakes. On the other hand, if you decide to cheat, then that is not correct. You may had gotten a perfect score, but you are not being honest and true. To add on, I also think that this quote means that you always have to stick with the correct friends, and that if they ever do something that is incorrect, to stop being friends with them because they are a bad influence. For example, if your friend offers you drugs, then that is not correct. You need to stop being friends with them because you do not know what their intentions are, and they are doing something that will have consequences. On the other hand, you should always stick with the person that always chooses the right, because you know that they are real friends. You are safe with them, while with people who choose the wrong, you are not safe with them. This is what I think it means. This is what I think that this quote means, and it is very important. I think that everyone should know this quote, because it has a lot of meaning.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment