Monday, May 1, 2017

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: Places me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, every so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw chalk line around me and have my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first." 
- Karl G. Maeser

Image result for word of honor quotesWhat this quote means to me is to always keep your word. The reason why you should always keep your word is because if you do not, then you might end up hurting someone. For example, if you decide to keep a promise for someone, but then later break your word and promise, then you will end up hurting the person. To add on, it is important that you always keep your word, because then people will know you as a liar. This is why it is important to always keep your word, such as Karl G. Measer, and not break it. In addition, he was a person that was very well honored, and the reason why is because he always kept his word. This is also very important, because if you keep your word, then many people will know that you are respectful, and responsible. On the other hand, if you never keep your word, and always break your promises, then you will be know as disrespectful, and not responsible. This is also important because always keeping your word makes you a ctr person. The reason why is because you are truthful. If you do not keep your word, then you will be known as a ctw person. This is why this quote is really important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment